Date: September 16, 2017
The third Saturday of September, cyclists of all skill levels will embark on Staten Island, to ride the ‘We Ride At Night’, evening bike tour. For one evening you will get to experience all of the wonders of the 5th borough. There is no better way to experience all of the cool locations Staten Island has to offer. There are no road closures, so the streets will be shared with motorists. All cyclists will be illuminating the night with their complimentary tour t-shirts. Please use code RHC for discounted registration.
- $50 (until September 8th)
- Registration includes a complimentary t-shirt, snacks & drinks at all rest stops, reduced pricing at Crafthouse at the end of the tour.
- The route is 26 miles.
Start & Schedule
- The tour begins at Richmond Hood Co.( 827 Castleton Ave SI, NY 10310 ).
- The Start Time is 6:30 pm.
- Cyclist unable to attend the 2017 tour, will have their fee applied to the following year.
- The tour will not be canceled due to rain.
- This is a tour, not a race, therefore there is no required pace a cyclist must adhere to.
- Rest stop snacks will include water, nutrition bars & fruit.
- Valid identification is required to pick up your t-shirt.
- There will be Support And Gear vehicles along the route.
- Riders unable to complete the tour will be driven to the end of the tour at Crafthouse.
- Tour marshals will be available on the tour to assist riders with minor bike issues.
- Kids riding under 18 years old must be accompanied by a guardian or parent.
- No bag restrictions
- Helmets must be worn at all times.
- Please have your t-shirt visible at all times.
- Please respect other cyclists.
- Human-powered bikes only.
- Please use hand signals to indicate that you are slowing down, stopping, turning, or changing lanes.
- Please keep to the right; pass left. (Call out “On your left” when passing a cyclist.)
- Please move completely off the road if stopping for any reason.
- Please maintain adequate distance between yourself and other cyclists—especially on downhills.
- Please control your speed and be prepared to slow down for congestion or road hazards.
- Please keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times.